Transform into a leader! As SOLE’s outdoor leadership program for adolescents 11 – 18 years old, LEAD Experiences SM provide the foundation and framework to comprehend and practically apply leadership in a fun, engaging, and digestible manner. During the course of 5 – 7 days participants are exposed to our novel LEAD SM curriculum to address program learning objectives related to leadership development; environmental awareness and stewardship; as well as; personal and social development. Due to the intentional design and structure participants are even able to take advantage of this transformational educational experience beyond classroom walls to earn actual credit! Executed with well-equipped and professional Field Instructors in urban and remote backcountry environments, participants experience something that reaches beyond the norm that allows them to to truly explore > achieve > lead!
SOLE LEAD Experiences SM, are typically offered during the summer months although can be tailored for homeschool groups, public schools, private schools, and residential boarding schools during the school year. Each LEAD Experience SM is tailored towards those interested in an intentional program-design which addresses the LEADSM curriculum cornerstones mentioned above, in our local and regional watersheds where motivated participants are able to experience the culture and relationships which exists. Participants will work in tandem with their peers to accomplish expedition goals, providing additional opportunities to practically apply what they are learning. Because of this well-rounded design, we believe that everyone can benefit from a LEAD Experience SM, especially during these formative years, so we strive to provide partial scholarships to those that qualify.
SOLE LEAD Experience SM Learning Targets:
- Outdoor living & travel skills
- Leadership skills
- Environmental awareness & stewardship
- Conservation & wildland management issues
- Personal and social development
- Executive functioning development
- Critical-thinking & problem-solving
- Communication & conflict resolution
- Setting & accomplishing goals
- Awareness & ownership
- Responsibility & accountability
SOLE Project LEAD Experience SM Participant Profile:
Typical profile participants include pre-teens or adolescents who:
- Exhibit interest in learning about outdoor living and travel skills
- Exhibit interest in learning more about backcountry travel
- Exhibit interest in making a difference for their community
- Exhibit interest in learning about systems which exist in the natural world
- Exhibit interest in learning about local conservation issues
- Exhibit interest in supporting our local conservation needs
Our typical profile students also generally have the ability and desire to process and connect through an experiential learning framework, exhibit individual creativity and intellect, explore their role and responsibilities as an individual and as a member of a community and its environment while exploring concepts and skills related to leadership.